Super Feeder Csf-3 Automatic Cat Feeder Full Review
Some mornings can be very hectic. You may get to work and wonder if you remembered to feed your cat. You have so many things to think about. Sometimes it is hard to remember everything. You could be gone for ten hours or more. What can you do?
The Super CSF-3 automatic cat feeder is the answer. This handy pet feeder ensures your pet is always fed on time, even when you have to work late. The feeder can be used to feed two cats, as well. You can adjust the feeder to disperse enough food for two cats into the same dish, or into two separate dishes. Works great for small dogs, too.
The CSF-3 automatic cat feeder allows you to select the portion size of the feedings from a quarter of a cup to several cups at a time. It comes with a Digital timer so that you can adjust the frequency of feedings. There is a minimum setting of three minutes between each disbursement.
Features of the CSF-3 include:
- Measures 11 x 10 x 15 inches and weighs 9 pounds.
- Large chute with a tough polycarbonate cover to prevent your cat from helping himself.
- Can be controlled remotely in conjunction with a home monitoring system or a web application.
- Electronic timer with micro adjustment feature to allow extra settings for small, in between meal snacks.
- All parts can be removed for easy cleaning, are dishwasher safe, and can be replaced if needed.
- Holds nearly 5 cups of dry cat food. This capacity can be increased with the addition of a 1.5 gallon hopper, sold separately.
- Digital timer with battery back up so that you don’t lose your settings. The timer can be set to only run on certain days. For example, if you are home on the weekends and would like to feed your cat personally, you can set the timer to only dispense food on days you will be away.
- Internal protection system that keeps the feeder working properly in case of power outages.
Controlling Food Portions
You set the automatic feeder to dispense the amount of each portion by adjusting how long the chute will remain open. This takes a bit of trial and error to get the portions just the way you want. It also depends on the size of the food. The smaller the chunks, the more will be dispensed in less time. Approximately one cup of average sized cat food can be dispensed in one minute.
For the best performance and accuracy, use round pellets approximately one quarter inch in diameter.
How the Cat Food is Pushed Out
The Super CSF-3 Automatic Feeder uses a roller and baffle system to push out the food. The system has a continuous motion inside that prevents food from getting trapped. This is a common problem with other feeders that use a screw system to scoop up the food to be dispensed. With the CSF-3 system, food can not bind up the machine, causing damage to the gear drive or preventing the food from being properly dispensed.
You have complete control over portions and frequency of feedings
Convenient scheduling, including specific days of the week.
Back up system that keeps your settings in case of power failure – very important feature.
Large chute with a protective cover.
Capable of feeding two cats together or separately.
Built tough to last.
Variety of mounting options. Some options need additional hardware not included.
The company offers excellent customer service and a one year warranty.
Assembling the unit can be a bit tricky. Luckily, the company offers an online video that walks you through the steps of how to assemble it properly – See the second video at the beginning of the review (on the right hand side).
A little on the expensive side, but it is built to last.
Tips for using the Super CSF-3 Automatic Cat Feeder
- Works best indoors.
- You will need one small and one medium sized Phillips head screwdriver to assemble the unit.
- Secure the cable so that your cat doesn’t accidentally unplug the system.
Overall, this is a great product. If you have to leave your cat or small dog home alone, there is no better way to make sure he is fed on time. This is one of the best models on the market.
Hey! Please comment and share with us your experience with the Wireless Whiskers feeder. Tell us what you liked and what you didn’t like. Was it what you expected? Any tips for new users?
Any comments would be highly appreciated and would help others to decide!
|Average Ratings (from 4 ratings) 4 Positive Reviews|
0 Negative Reviews
|Ease of Use|
|Value for Money|