PetSafe 5 Meal Electronic Pet Feeder Full Review
The PetSafe electronic pet feeder is a great “set it and forget it” type of feeder. It doesn’t dispense food, but rather has rotating trays that come to the open “feeding” spot at scheduled times. This means that you can only schedule four feedings, so you can’t leave your cat alone for more than four days at a time.
The PetSafe electronic pet feeder feeds your pet automatically up to 5 times a day. Four of these feedings can be programmed. The first meal is dispensed at the time of the programming, which means that you can program four more feedings. For example, you can program the unit to dispense one meal per day for four days or two meals per day for two days.
- Made with rugged polypropylene materials.
- There are five compartments. Each one holds one cup of pet food.
- The first tray is open, so your cat can eat right away. At the scheduled time, the trays rotate and the next one in line comes to the open area.
- Secure lid.
- Programing is simple with the digital timer.
- Food tray is removable for easy cleaning.
- Powered with four D batteries – not included.
- Comes with a one year limited warranty.
- Measures 15 x 5 x 18 inches.
Very unique design.
Easy to use and very accurate digital timer.
Simple to operate.
Trays are easy to refill.
Good sized cups that can hold up to one cup of food.
Made tough with durable materials.
Very sturdy so it can’t be tipped over by your cat.
Tray is dishwasher safe.
No AC adapter, but the batteries last a long time.
There is no on and off switch. The only way to turn it off is by removing the batteries.
Doesn’t come with an ice pack to keep moist food fresh, however there is a small compartment under the open tray where you can put ice.
Tips for Using the PetSafe Electronic Pet Feeder
- Watch the unit in operation a few times before leaving your pet alone with it. This way you will know if the motor noises make your pet nervous and if the unit is working properly.
- If you want to use moist cat food, freeze the cans first first. Spread out the food in the trays scheduled to open within ten hours to make sure they thaw in time. Leave the others in the shape of the can because thawing will be slower this way.
- Make sure you peel off all of the instruction labels so that the trays can rotate properly. If you think you may need the instructions in the future, you can keep the label in a safe place, or get a printable version from the company website.
- Close the lip tightly. You will hear a click when it locks in place. This ensures that it will be in the right position for the guide at the back of the unit, and also that your cat can’t reach in and help himself to the next tray.
- Use the button to manually rotate the trays if they get off center.
- Don’t let your cat see you filling the trays. If he knows there is food in there, he may try to dismantle the unit.
The PetSafe electronic pet feeder has a very unique design. The trays rotate to expose the food at feeding time. Most cats don’t eat more than one cup of food per day, so this unit is great if you have to leave your pet alone for up to four days. The only time you have to reprogram the feeder is when the batteries have been removed, or replaced. It can also be used for small dogs that don’t eat more than one cup of food per meal.
|Average Ratings (from 1 ratings) 1 Positive Reviews|
0 Negative Reviews
|Ease of Use|
|Value for Money|