Pet Feedster Automated Cat Feeder Full Review
The Pet Feedster is an innovative design that combats the typical problems you may have with other automatic cat feeders like stuffed up chutes or trapped claws that try to grab more food out of the hopper. The adjustable Feedster is jam proof and very safe.
The Feedster lets you adjust the unit to accommodate different sizes and shapes of cat kibble. Feedings can be dispensed as often as five times per day, with the added option to set different amounts of food being dispensed each time! For example, if you want your cat to have her daily intake divided into three equal portions, but you may feel that the time between feedings is too long. You can program the feeder to divide the daily portions into five, and then program the two extra portions to be dispensed in smaller amounts and at different times.
This means that your cat gets smaller portions spread out throughout the day, with two little snacks in between meals. This is a much healthier way of eating for all types of animals, including humans! The size of each portion can be as small as one tablespoon or as large as six cups. No cat should eat more than two cups per day, so this feeder is well suited for multiple cats.
- Ant proof, so it is perfectly safe to use outdoors.
- Uses AC power with 6 D sized batteries for back up, so you never lose your programming.
- The system works with a large variety of kibble shapes and sizes, but make sure that you adjust the unit when you change the shape and size of cat food because putting a smaller kibble size could cause too much food to be dispensed at one time.
- Accurate digital timer ensures your cat will be fed on time, every time, as long as you install the back up batteries.
- Digital timer retains programming in case of power outage (if you have the back up batteries installed).
- Holds up to ten pounds of food, so it is ideal for households with multiple cats.
- Mounting brackets included if you want to get the unit off the floor, just make sure not put it too high for the cat to reach.
- Dishwasher safe if washed on low heat, it is safer to wash the parts by hand.
Cats are not able to knock the feeder over too easily. If you mount it to the wall, your cat will not be able to knock it over at all.
Back up batteries retain programming in case of power loss.
Can dispense up to five small portions per day.
Works with dry or moist cat food, just keep in mind that moist food spoils easily, so you don’t want to put in too much at one time.
Ant proof storage tray.
Anti-jamming mechanisms, so you never have to worry about your cat being left without food if you happen to be gone for several days.
Holds up to ten pounds of dry cat food, which is dispensed at timed intervals.
Easy to program and can be assembled and set up in less than five minutes.
Comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
Your cat is always fed on time.
Feeds your cat one time, every day, even if you have to be away for several days.
Programming could be more intuitive. It can be a bit complicated to get the exact portion you want.
Not very durable, but the most likely pieces to break are inexpensive and easy to replace.
Smarts cats can easily help themselves to extra portions, but this can be fixed with a small extra cover.
Overall, a very good automatic cat feeder, however it is quite expensive. One of the best features is that in between snacks can be programmed which prevents cats from overeating. Several small meals per day has been proven to be much healthier than one large daily meal. You can program the meals to retain the optimal weight of your cat or to restrict your cat’s food intake in order to reduce the weight of an overweight cat.
|Average Ratings (from 4 ratings) 4 Positive Reviews|
0 Negative Reviews
|Ease of Use|
|Value for Money|