Mota Perfect Dinner Automatic Pet Feeder Full Review
The Perfect Dinner automatic pet feeder is the ideal “set it and forget it” type of feeder. Just fill the hopper on Saturday morning, and you are good to go for the whole week. Your pet will never miss a meal, and you never have to worry about forgetting to feed it. The cool recording device lets you record a message for your cat that gets played back at each feeding. This great feature allows you to call your cat to the feeder when it’s time to eat.
The large LCD panel makes it easy to program the Perfect Dinner automatic pet feeder. You can set it for up to three feeding per day. Portions can be set for as little as one quarter of a cup, and up to three cups for each feeding.
Veterinarians recommend this feeder for keeping your cat on a diet, and for pets with diabetes. The unit is large enough to feet two cats, and can also be used for small dogs.
Assembly is quick and easy. The feeder is powered by four D batteries.
- The voice recorder lets you record a message to your pet (watch video of the left side). The message is played back at feeding time.
- There are three parts to the feeder – hopper, base, and removable feeding bowl.
- An easy to operate LCD panel.
- The LCD panel is easy to read and displays the time, the number of scheduled meals, the size of the meals and how many meals have been dispensed.
- Portions sizes can be from one quarter of a cup to three cups.
- The hopper is transparent, and holds up to 7 lbs of dry pet food.
- Manufacturer warranty.
- Powered by four D batteries.
- The accuracy of the portions depends on the size of the kibbles. Smaller kibbles dispense faster than large ones, so you may need a little trial and error to get the portions just right for the food you are using.
Programming the unit is very simple and straightforward.
Assembly is quick and easy.
Play back feature that calls your cat when it’s time to eat.
Good sized hopper.
Hopper is secure and airtight.
Large enough for two cats or a small dog.
Portion sizes are adjustable.
The bowl is securely connected to the base to prevent your cat from knocking it off.
Batteries last up to six months.
It doesn’t come with an AC adapter.
Some cats are able to reach into the hopper to steal extra food.
You can’t program feeding times during the night – the timer only goes from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Tips for Using the Perfect Dinner Automatic Pet Feeder
- When replacing the batteries, always use new batteries. Used batteries could cause the dispenser to skip meals.
- Protect the battery by putting tape or something over top.
Questions asked by shoppers and answered by real owners
What is the smallest portion the unit can dispense?
The manual says 1/8 of a cup, but in practice it will not do less than 1/4 cup.
If I program it one day, will it keep going, or do I have to reprogram every day?
The dispenser will hold the program and keep going day after day, until you change it or turn off the unit.
Can it be used for large dogs?
It is not recommended for large dogs. It works best for cats and small dogs that don’t eat too much at one time.
Can I turn off that terrible noise it makes when dispensing food?
No you can’t.
This is a great cat food dispenser at a great price. Assembling the unit is simple and it is very easy to operate. Because of the large 7 lb hopper, you can set it and forget it for at least a week. Your pet will never miss a meal and you don’t have to worry about remembering to feed the cat every day.
|Average Ratings (from 3 ratings) 3 Positive Reviews|
0 Negative Reviews
|Ease of Use|
|Value for Money|