Large Automatic Pet Feeder Full Review
This super large automatic pet feeder will hold enough food for several months of feedings. The unit is programmable, so your pet is always fed on time, no matter how long you have to be away from home. However, the machine is known to malfunction if the hopper is too full or too empty. The batteries are also known to drain quickly, so it may not be safe to leave your pet unattended for more than a few days at a time.
Large automatic dry pet food dispenser that holds up to 45 cups of dog or cat food. This is enough food for about a month for small eaters (cats or small dogs) and about two weeks for larger appetites. Portion sizes and feeding schedules are programmable, so that pets always get fed on time, any time day or night. Up to four different feeding times can be programmed during a 24 hour period.
A personal message you record plays when it is feeding time – call your pet to the bowl or any message you want your pet to hear. Once the feeding schedule expires, an alarm sounds. There is also a low battery indicator to alert you when the batteries are reaching the end.
It has two motors. One motor rotates the scoop to move the food from the hopper to the feeding tray, and the other motor vibrates the hopper to help the kibbles flow smoothly down the shaft and prevent jamming. The dispensing process is quite loud, and may frighten pets at first, but most pets get used to the noise and associate it with food being served.
Features of this extra large pet feeder include:
- Programmable portion size.
- Programmable feeding schedule.
- Food hopper is designed to prevent ants from entering.
- Secure lid to keep pets from helping themselves.
- Heavy base on the bottom to prevent tipping.
- Personal message recording that plays back at the programmed time.
- Easy to read LCD display.
- Built in mic and speaker.
- Uses 4 “D” batteries, which are not included in the purchase of the product.
Extra large capacity to accommodate all sizes of cats or dogs.
Serves portion sizes from ¼ cup to 2 ½ cups.
Feeding times can be programmed from once a day to four times a day.
Detachable food hopper and feeding tray for easy cleaning.
Smart sensor prevents the feeding tray from overloading.
Clear hopper lets you see how much food is left.
Alarm sounds when feeding schedule is complete.
Safe to use outdoors.
After dispensing the food, the door shuts so there is no way a little paw can reach in and grab more food, or get stuck in the dispenser.
When the unit is turned off for manual feedings, all the programming is lost.
Programming the unit is not easy.
The motor is noisy and vibrates when dispensing food.
When the hopper is down to about 1/3 of its capacity (about 2 weeks of feedings left), the food doesn’t fall down to where the scoop can pull it out for a feeding, so the pet doesn’t get fed.
When the hopper is filled to the top, the motor seems to struggle under the weight and will not dispense any food.
Uses up the batteries rather quickly, which means you have to reprogram all over again.
Poor customer service.
Tips About This Feeder
- The vibration of the machine can cause the screws inside the unit to loosen. When this happens, take it apart and tighten the screws. This is very easy to do, and will keep your feeder running fine for years.
- Read the instructions on how to program the unit very carefully. If you miss a step or don’t enter the information correctly, you have to reset and start over. You only have to reprogram the feeder after a battery change, unless you turn it off for manual feeding. Then you will have to reprogram each time you turn it on again.
- Do not lose the manual. Reprogramming the feeder without the manual is impossible. If you do lose it, try searching online for instructions.
- When using the feeder outdoors, make sure to place it in a spot where it won’t get rained on. The hopper is secure, but rain or any type of water or moisture in the feeding tray will make the food mushy.
Overall a nice machine, large enough for just about any size or dog or cat. However, there are many things that can go wrong, making it not completely reliable for extended periods away from home. The unit is also quite difficult to program. Most users found they could not program the feeder without having the instruction manual in hand. The ones that lost the manual ended up just using it as a regular food bowl.
|Average Ratings (from 3 ratings) 1 Positive Reviews|
2 Negative Reviews
|Ease of Use|
|Value for Money|