Crown Majestic (Diamond Series V 2) Automatic Pet Feeder Full Review
The unique Crown Majestic (diamond Series V 2) combines food and water dispensers in one handy unit. It is very easy to set up and very easy to use.
The Crown Majestic not only provides your pet with food while you are away, but with water, as well. The unit is great for both dogs and cats, and can hold up to four and half pounds of dry pet food. There is a voice recording device that allows you to “speak” to your pet through a pre-recorded message. The unit can be assembled without tools, and works with or without the water dispenser.
Features of the Crown Majestic pet feeder include:
- Durable construction made with environmentally friendly, non-toxic materials.
- Disperses up to 4 feedings per day.
- Powered by 4 AA batteries, which are not included. Optional AC adapter is included, but it is not intended for regular use.
- LCD display of portion size and number of feedings per day.
- Easy to program.
- When the food is dispensed, your pre-recorded message is played.
- Very stable, it won’t tip or spill food or water.
- Protective shield to prevent pets from helping themselves. The shield is not included, but the company will send you one free of charge, if you want one.
- Adjustable portion sizes from one quarter cup to 2 cups of dry pet food.
- Water bowl and water dispenser bottle are removable for easy cleaning.
It has a super cool design.
Very solid and sturdy.
Meal portions can be manually adjusted for different kibble sizes.
Perfect for pets on a restricted diet.
Portion sizes can accommodate two cats.
Simple push button allows you to dispense an extra meal, an extra portion or to test the amount of food that comes out in one feeding.
Handy water dispenser attached to the unit, but with its own bowl.
Can hold up to 4.4 pounds of dry pet food.
Great customer service is available if you need any help.
The system works in intervals from 6 hours to 24 hours. This means you can set when the first feeding should be dispensed, but only the interval of when to dispense the next one, not the exact time. For example, one portion every 6 hours, 2 portions every 12 hours or 4 portions every 24 hours.
The quality of the voice message is poor and the feature can’t be turned off.
Your settings are not saved if the unit gets turned off.
The feeder is quite noisy, which can get a bit irritating.
Plastic food storage bubble doesn’t fit snugly into the unit.
Water dispenser bottle is too small and quite flimsy.
Food bowl is part of the unit, therefore can’t be removed to make cleaning easier.
Portions can only be in quarters of a cup, there are no options for a partial quarter cup.
Tips for using the Crown Majestic Cat Feeder
- The settings say “quart” which actually means one quarter of a cup.
- Use the test button to test the portion size to make sure the right amount of food is being dispensed.
- Round or square kibble work the best. Oddly shaped food can get stuck and jam up the unit.
- You have to clean the water bottle regularly, as it has a tendency to get moldy rather quickly.
- You have to set the water bottle in just the right position or it will not dispense the water reliably.
- The batteries are the main power source, not a back up system. The AC adapter is optional, and should never be used when the batteries are in the unit. One set of batteries will last for about 6 months of continuous use.
- The bubble that holds the food is transparent, so if your cat is very aggressive, it may attack the bubble to try to get to the food.
This is a very smart, attractive unit, for a reasonable price. The water dispensing bottle could be made of higher quality material, but overall, it is very nice.
|Average Ratings (from 1 ratings) 1 Positive Reviews|
0 Negative Reviews
|Ease of Use|
|Value for Money|