Cat Mate C20 Timed Cat Feeder Full Review
The Cat Mate C20 timed cat feeder can be used with either dry or moist cat food. The automatic flip lid design opens up at feeding time. This is a great unit for people with cats that like to eat at odd times of the day. You can set the timer for any time day or night. So, if your cat likes to eat at 4:00 am, she can and you can sleep in a little longer in the mornings.
This automatic feeder can be set to feed two cats the same time, or feed one cat twice. There are two compartments that can be programmed to open simultaneously or at different times. Ice packs under the trays keep canned cat food fresh. The trays each hold up to one pound of food.
Features of the Cat Mate C20 Timed Cat Feeder include:
- Ice packs to keep moist food fresh.
- Two compartments, each with its own battery operated Quartz timer.
- Measures 3.8 x 16.2 x 13.8 inches.
- Powered by one AA battery – not included.
- The battery will last for more than a year.
- Made in England.
Can be programmed to dispense cycles up to 48 hours.
Made with high quality materials.
Trays are removable and dishwasher safe.
The unit is easy to clean with just a wet cloth.
Cats are always happy.
You never have to worry about forgetting to feed your cat.
Very easy to operate.
Simple to program.
Trays can be filled with canned or dry cat food. You could even fill one with canned and one with dry.
Holds up to one pound of food, so if your cats can share a tray, they can both be served twice.
Comes with ice packs to keep canned food fresh.
The battery compartment doesn’t have a lid, so the batteries can easily fall out.
Cats can easily pull the trays off the base and can also open the lids. The design is very flimsy.
The analog timer is not very accurate.
There is no indicator to tell you when the battery is running low.
It’s only good for two feedings.
Encourages cats to over eat because the trays hold so much food.
The shortest time you can set the timer in between feeding is six hours.
The ice packs don’t stay frozen long enough.
Tips on Using the Cat Mate C20 Timed Cat Feeder
- Buy extra ice packs and trays so that you will be ready for the next day, or freeze your cat food so you won’t need the ice packs at all. By feeding time the food should be thawed and ready to eat.
- Put tape or something over the battery to keep it from falling out.
- Test the battery once in a while.
- Secure the feeder to prevent cats obsessed with food from tipping over the feeder and helping themselves.
- Test the unit while you are home to make sure you have the timing right and that everything works as it should.
- Be careful not to knock out the battery when you set the unit on the floor.
The Cat Mate C20 cat feeder is easy to operate and very easy to program, although some people did find this a bit tricky, the majority of users didn’t have any trouble. It works best for cats that are not overly obsessed with food. It only serves two meals (five meals machine is available too), so you can’t be away for too long, unless you have a pet sitter come to look after your cat while you are gone.
|Average Ratings (from 2 ratings) 2 Positive Reviews|
0 Negative Reviews
|Ease of Use|
|Value for Money|